Saturday, February 26, 2011

Funny Valentines

I thought I'd jot down a few funny things that have happened lately.

Henry - he received a valentine from his buddy, Sean, and he asked me to open/read it. It was from Toy Story (one of his favorites) and it was the aliens saying: Valentine - you have been chosen. I tried to read it in my best Toy Story alien voice and he responded with a quick breath and "I have been chosen?!?!" He was so excited. He actually just came up to me again last weekend and said "Mom, I have been chosen, I really have!!!" Holding the same valentine as his reminder. Seriously, ridiculously cute!

Ella - She told me the night before Valentine's day that she had a surprise for me. I jokingly asked what it was, she reminded me it was a surprise, and then, because she was so excited and she couldn't hold it in a moment longer... she told me that she was going to be super, duper nice on Valentine's Day to me. Which was cute... THEN she told me that she was afraid that she would forget so she asked me to write it down. So I came downstairs and scribbled it on a notepad. Honestly, I did have to remind her about that a couple of times and show her the note. I thought it was so funny when she asked, but that girl is smart! She knew she'd need a reminder!

Betty - She does this new growling/panting thing. When she's in a good mood, she crawls all over panting and growling with her mouth open. If she hears Ella or Henry scream, she'll let out a super cute girly squeal and then continue on her way. Can't wait until she can actually say real words beyond "Ma Ma," "Da-Da," and chant "Ni-Ni-Ni-No" when she's ready for bed. Like - I can't take it anymore... you hear that N sound and you know, she's done. She's letting her voice be heard... no third child syndrome of being quiet and voiceless!

No comments: