OK, so being 38 weeks pregnant, there's not a lot that I can do quickly, including getting in and out of bed. So last night, Ella had a nightmare, and it was a bad one. She started screaming, not a little wimper, but full-on "AAAGH, AAAGH, AAAGH!" Both Phil and I jumped up and ran into her room to find her in bed with her body pillow (which is the big long pillow on the edge of the bed) on top of her. We woke her up, settled her down, got some water, all that jazz. Finally, when she calmed down enough, I asked her what she was dreaming about (1 to help her feel better, and 2 b/c I was so interested in what was so scary for my 4 year old.)
She was dreaming about a little boy with lots of spikey animals and he was throwing them at her and they were climbing on top of her (which I believe was her feeling the pillow on her body.) Ella went on a nature walk with school yesterday and they talked about animals, bugs, etc... which is, I'm sure, what started the thoughts in her head. When I was in second grade, I had my 'scariest' dream ever involving a big black grizzly bear in the woods. I guess the apple doesn't fall far from this tree.
On a side note, when Phil and I got back in bed and I was physically feeling the effects of moving so fast and getting out of bed from a dead sleep (ugh, ooh, aah) - he leaned over and said: "Boy you moved really fast right then." So apparently, I impressed him as well.
Just a few more weeks. Can't wait.
No comments:
Post a Comment