Friday, October 17, 2008

Time Flies!

It's been inappropriately too long since my last post. We've been settling in to our new house pretty well. Finally got the old house on the market (sad and glad) and our new house is feeling like home. The kids really enjoy running around like crazy and I think things are calming down a bit for us.

Henry is really just growing and changing each day. He's on the verge of taking his first steps as we sometimes find him accidentally standing by himself. He'll walk to you with encouragement (a step or two) so it's not far. He's on the move: conquering steps, pushing a little car, dancing, investigating our new fireplace. Since he doesn't walk yet, he's just packing on the pounds but he's as cute as ever with his goofy smile. He looks like a bruiser with 6 teeth but Ella is still the man-handler of her little brother... but not for long. He's the cutest little thing and really is developing a personality.

Speaking of Ella, she continues to grow each day. Her imagination and vocabulary are incredible. The other day she correctly used "Henry and I" and then "with myself" correctly in a sentence. It was crazy. She talks about a 'Auntie Brenda' and the funny thing is that we don't know anyone named Brenda. It really drives Phil crazy... like is Auntie Brenda an imaginary friend (he'll say: Is she here with us now? and Ella looks at him like he's lost his mind.) For now, she seems to be a friend she's imagined that is usually traveling long distances and calls on the phone a lot (hmmm - see a pattern here?) Anyway, she's really fun and is less and less of a toddler and more and more of a chatty little girl. She's so much fun and as determined as ever.

I finally posted some pictures and videos... enjoy!

(Wagon Ride Outside)

(Tub Fun)
(C&C Wedding Reception in Dallas)

(Playing Around)


3 comments:

Seyferth Fam said...

They're SO cute together I can't stand it!!! Can't wait to see them soon :> Little Henry is getting so big!

Megan said...

The kids are getting big! Glad everyone is enjoying the new house.

Swade Family said...

I'm glad you finally posted:) Ella and Henry are so adorable in all of the pictures. I especially love the video of them in the kitchen. Ella reminds me so much of you, in her mannerisms. Also, you look beautiful in the picture with Phil...I love your hair! Miss you and hope to see you soon. XO